About the job
Rival is looking for a Senior Consultant to join our consulting team.
As a Senior Consultant you will play an exciting part in developing and delivering business changing strategy & thinking for clients, as well as new business and new agency offerings. You will serve as the lead on consulting projects that range across growth and brand strategy, as well as go to market communications planning.
We are a distributed team with people currently based across the US, UK, Europe, and Asia. You can work from anywhere in the world.
- Our Senior Consultants are the day-to-day strategists and project leads
- You will spend most of your time creating, owning and delivering client strategy
- You will be the day-to-day project lead on one or multiple engagements
- You will own and oversee the output from our team, the relationship with the client, and the commercial health of the account
- You will also support new business development
- Over time you still start to manage a small team of Consultants and Associates
- You will be joining the Rival at an exciting time - we launched in 2021 and have big plans to grow over the next few years!
- This role holds a ton of potential for the right person, as you’ll be working closely with the founding team shaping the future of our business
We'd like to hear from you if…
- We do not require a minimum years of experience, but you do need to have significant experience running client projects and developing marketing strategy in a services business (i.e. agency, consultancy)
- Expertise in and a strong point of view on marketing strategy for brand, content, paid media, and/or analytics
- Strong organizational skills along with the demonstrated ability to work to a deadline
- A start up mentality and personality: you're mission driven and not afraid to get stuck in
- Willingness to travel for client engagements as needed and for company retreats once a year
- No university degree required - we value your experience and skills
We would be particularly excited if...
- You have experience in an early stage start-up
- Our compensation philosophy is to pay mid-market base with top-market upside
- There are three components to our compensation package
- Base Salary - pegged to UK average for management consulting (to reduce the gender and ethnic pay gap) and adjust based on cost of living for your city
- Profit Share - a % of the company’s profit is shared each quarter with all employees who have been with the company for one year or more
- Employee Options - all employees are eligible for our options scheme after they’ve been with the company for one year
- The base salary for this role based in London (or similar cost of living city) is £53,000-£65,000
- Per the above, the salary range is fixed and will be adjusted based on where you live
- Profit Share and Stock Options
- Remote-first, fully flexible working environment
- You can work anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year
- The equipment and technology you need to be successful, plus additional support if you need to enhance your work from home set up
- On-demand office space as needed
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme from day one
- Quarterly ‘get together days’
- We cover everything to get teams to connect in their geographical hub
- Annual company retreats
- All-expense paid trip once a year for team building and fun!
- 32 days PTO each year
- 25 discretionary vacation days
- This may vary based on the country you live/work in, but we will ensure everyone has the same minimum number of PTO between discretionary vacation days and public holidays
- 7 company ‘recharge days’ during the year - these are mandatory days that everyone takes off to relax and focus on family, friends and ourselves.
- Various surprise and delights & Rival events throughout the year.
Rival is a growth consultancy that builds challenger brands, strategies, and capabilities to change categories.We started Rival to answer a question: when every brand calls themselves a challenger… why do some only challenge the category while some fundamentally change it? We combine the brains of a management consulting firm with the executional experience of an agency to build actionable marketing strategies and in-house capabilities that grow rival brands. We work with growth leaders across Fortune 500 brands and scale-ups across three areas of the marketing function: brand development, go-to-market strategy, and capability development.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Rival, we're invested in a thoughtful, long-term hiring approach that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We care about creating a global community with a combined mission, but not at the expense of losing individual identity, which is critical to our innovation. It’s essential that we bring our authentic self to work every day, no matter our age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise.
We listen to our employees, take direction and are taking continual action to better ourselves in this mission. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Rival. We strive to embed it into all aspects of our business model and how we operate.